Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) in Miami
Concerns over the risks associated with traditional hormone replacement therapy have spurred renewed interest in bio-identical hormones.
Bio-identical hormones mimic the molecular structure of hormones produced by the male and female body, which makes them a preferred alternative to synthetic hormones and their potential side effects. Bio-identical hormones have also proven themselves equally effective in treating symptoms of hormone imbalance, such as decreased energy and libido, mood swings and other traditional mid-life symptoms.
Treatment with bio-identical hormones in Miami is customized to your unique hormonal balance and needs. A special formula of hormone replacement is created for each individual patient, to ensure that each patient receives only the hormones necessary to maintain a healthy balance in his or her body. This customized approach has been shown much more effective in treating the symptoms of hormone imbalance, as well as reducing the risk of health conditions related to an imbalance of hormones later in life.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
Hormone imbalances affect millions of women across the globe. The most common cause of hormone imbalance is menopause, but other culprits include premenstrual syndrome (PMS), perimenopause and adrenal fatigue. Symptoms of a hormonal imbalance that can be treated by bio-identical hormone therapy include:
- Lower energy levels
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Lower libido and declining sexual function
- Vaginal dryness
- Loss of lean muscle mass and body strength
- Increase in body fat and weight gain
- Disruption to sleep
- Moodiness, depression and anxiety
- Higher incidence of injury and illness
- Slower healing from illness and injury
- Estrogen: Estrogen is the female hormone responsible for controlling the body’s internal thermostat, as well as helping to regulate mental function, sleep patterns and mood. Estrogen must work with progesterone in a delicate balance. If the balance is disrupted, unpleasant side effects can occur. During bio-identical hormone therapy, the physician must carefully evaluate that balance to ensure patients are receiving proper amounts of both hormones.
- Progesterone: Progesterone is a hormone that plays a significant role in mental function and mood. It is referred to as the “feel good” hormone because when it is in the proper balance with estrogen, it can enhance mood and minimize symptoms of depression.
- Testosterone: Although testosterone is frequently referred to as the “male sex hormone,” it is also found in a woman’s body in smaller amounts. Testosterone is responsible for bone density and muscle mass in addition to sexual function. This hormone is also instrumental in facial and body hair growth. Testosterone is essential to sexual function in women because it helps to control sensitivity in the nipples and clitoris. In addition to increasing libido, testosterone affects how much pleasure women get from their sexual experiences.
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH): HGH is produced in the pituitary gland and is responsible for muscle, bone and cell growth throughout the body. The protein-based hormone stimulates the liver to produce somatomedins, which promote cell growth and division. As we age, our bodies produce much less of this hormone, which can have a detrimental effect on our physical health, appearance and wellbeing.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): DHEA is the hormone that balances other hormone levels in the body, including progesterone, estrogen and testosterone. Our bodies produce less DHEA as we age, which typically leads to symptoms we chalk up to the aging process.
- Oral supplementation (pills or under the tongue)
- Topical (patches, creams and gels)
In addition to treating these symptoms, bio-identical hormone therapy may also lower a woman’s risk for osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease – two common age-related conditions that can affect women during and after the menopause years.
Bio-Identical Hormone Safety
A large body of evidence backs the safety of bio-identical hormone therapy. However, like any medical treatment, there is always the possibility that patients will experience unpleasant side effects while taking the hormones.
It is important to consult with a medical provider that specializes in bio-identical hormones before beginning any hormone therapy. The physicians at NuLife Institute are highly trained in the area of bio-identical hormone therapy and can prescribe a customized treatment to get you one the road to an improved physical condition and higher quality of life.
Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women Includes:
Physicians at NuLife Institute carefully evaluate each patient’s current hormonal levels to determine precisely which and how much hormone needs to be included in bio-identical hormone therapy. Hormones may be administered through a number of delivery methods, including:
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Miami
If you believe you may be suffering from hormonal imbalance or deficiency as a result of menopause or aging, call us today at 305-400-0005 or 855-268-5433 (toll free) and schedule your BHRT consultation. At NuLife Institute, we'll tailor your BHRT treatment specifically to fit your needs, and put you back on the road to feeling yourself in no time. Because no one patient is the same, what works for one person may not work for the next, and the only way to make bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in Miami as effortless as a day down on South Beach is to accurately diagnose your hormonal deficiency first. Call us today.