Visit your favorite hormone therapy clinic in Miami, which shouldn’t be without enough nutrients!
There are many benefits to visiting a hormone therapy clinic, such as better moods, reduced menopausal symptoms, and even increased libido!
Hormone levels decline as we age, leading to symptoms that affect our daily lives. Women experiencing age-related hormone decline can benefit from hormone therapy.
Hormone specialists from our hormone therapy clinic in Miami recommend supplementing with vitamins and minerals. Let’s discover how these nutrients can make the most of your hormone therapy session.
If you’re feeling off, you may be suffering from a hormonal imbalance. Supplements can make a big difference, especially when combined with hormone therapy in Miami.
Why is Hormone Health Important?
There is no question that hormones are powerful. They affect everything from blood sugar to blood pressure, growth and fertility, sex drive, metabolism, and even sleep.
Hence, having your hormones balanced is the key to a healthy body. Various factors can contribute to hormone imbalance, such as puberty, menopause or andropause, suffering from an illness, daily habits, and stress management.
Learn More Here: The Best HRT Clinic for Hormone Therapy for Men in Miami
Thankfully, there are ways to help you get back to normal. Aside from visiting a hormone therapy clinic, consuming vitamin and mineral supplements can help with hormone balance.
Why Do We need vitamins and minerals?
The right amount of nutrients daily is essential, no matter your age. Our body requires a variety of vitamins and minerals as it ages, as they support our overall health. They are necessary for various bodily functions and prevent heart disease, hypertension, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, and diabetes.
Most of the time, consuming nutritious meals is not enough to get the recommended dietary allowances of vitamins and minerals; hence, we can obtain these from supplements to help support our overall health. That’s why they are great supplements to a healthy lifestyle.
The body needs minerals and vitamins to make hormones and detoxify toxins in the liver. To function optimally, we must ensure we provide our body with plenty of nutrients.
What Are the Best Supplements to Take?
Experts from our hormone therapy clinic in Miami recommend these vitamins and minerals to support overall health and promote hormone balance:
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D plays an important role in bone health because of its direct effects on calcium homeostasis. Vitamin D aids in the production of osteocalcin, which is secreted in bones and helps strengthen them.
Menopausal women may benefit from hormone therapy, increasing vitamin D and estrogen levels. Both vitamin D and estrogen are beneficial for lowering cardiovascular disease risk.
- Magnesium – Magnesium plays many different roles in the body. Most importantly, magnesium fuels the mitochondria of the cells, making it essential for hormonal health.
Magnesium works to normalize progesterone’s action in the central nervous system. This mechanism helps alleviate migraine, symptoms of age-related hormone decline, and anxiety.
Foods high in magnesium include green leafy vegetables, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, and fish.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is another essential nutrient for hormone health. Vitamin A is an antioxidant that helps activate vitamin D, making it necessary for bone health, especially in women undergoing menopause, as they are prone to bone loss.
Vitamin A also supports the immune system, boosts overall health, and prevents some diseases. Vitamin A also increases iron transport within the body.
Excellent sources of vitamin A are leafy greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, mangoes, and cantaloupes.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Omega-3 fatty acids assist in hormone balance by modulating hormone receptor site sensitivity. They also function as a starting point for the synthesis of hormones needed for various functions and processes of the body.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential building blocks for hormone regulation. They also have anti-inflammatory properties, help maintain good brain health, and boost mood.
Taking omega-3 fatty acids supplements prevents and treats hormone-related diseases and can reduce menopausal symptoms in women. Aside from fish oil supplements, omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish oil supplements, salmon, tuna, walnuts, and egg yolks.
What to Eat to Restore Your Hormone Health?
Complement supplements and hormone therapy with dietary recommendations:
- Cruciferous vegetables – Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and arugula) are great for women with estrogen-dominant conditions because they contain indole-3-carbinol, a compound that favors estrogen’s less active form. Vegetables can help boost liver function if your liver isn’t working properly, so estrogen metabolites can build up.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseed helps with estrogen levels. Flaxseed contains phytoestrogens that act like estrogen in the body and helps regulate hormone levels appropriately. It may also help bind up excessive amounts of androgens (such as testosterone in PCOS) and help regulate menstrual cycles.
- Spearmint tea – Women with hormone imbalances would benefit by drinking spearmint tea. There is evidence that spearmint tea reduces testosterone levels in women (for example, in PCOS patients) while increasing female hormones necessary for ovulation, such as luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and estradiol.
Visit Miami’s Leading Hormone Therapy Clinic
Our goal at NuLife Institute is to give our patients the best health, function, and longevity possible. We offer hormone therapy for women patients who want to improve their quality of life due to age-related hormone decline.
The NuLife Institute is the best hormone therapy clinic in Miami, FL, specializing in functional, integrative medicine, and age management and provides individualized, non-surgical age-reversing treatment plans.
Contact NuLife Institute today at 305-400-0005 for a complimentary consultation so you can speak with an expert. Live the healthy life you deserve!