Menopause brings about imbalanced hormone levels. This results to mood changes, including depression
Menopause is a pain in the butt for a lot of women. The symptoms associated with menopause hampers their day-to-day life. For some women, the symptoms are so uncomfortable that it causes them stress, low self-esteem, and depression.
Fortunately, menopause treatment has come a long way. Together, with your healthcare provider, you should be open to evaluating all of your treatment options to combat the signs and symptoms of menopause.
Menopause treatment will help give you more energy and increased sex drive. You can feel younger than ever before—and enjoy menopause treatment for years to come. There’s one right here in Miami!
Menopause is a result of hormone imbalance, which affects a woman’s quality of life in various aspects.
What is happening?
Menopause is caused by a hormone imbalance in a woman’s life cycle. There’s also perimenopause and postmenopause, which are stages of hormone imbalance leading to and from menopause. Your body starts changing many years before you reach menopause.
- Mood changes or mood swings
- Memory issues or decreased cognition
- Reduced mental clarity/focus (“brain fog”)
- Loss of muscle and increased fat or weight gain
- Night sweats
- Difficulty sleeping
- Chronic pain
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness or pain
- Loss of sex drive (libido)
- Decreased bladder control
Menopause and mental health
Different hormone fluctuations in your body can cause feelings of anxiety and/or depression. These fluctuations could influence how neurotransmitters are released in the brain. A drop in estrogen levels can cause hot flashes that disturb sleep and lead to mood swings and anxiety.
Women with a history of clinical depression are often more likely to experience recurring clinical depression during menopause.
Anxiety and depression often causes a strain in your relationships and at work.
Protect your mental health
So how can you protect your mental health as you go through menopause? Basically, a healthy lifestyle can help ease the menopause transition.
Here are some ways to cope with your emotional concerns.
- Exercise regularly – Research has shown that people who regularly exercise have better mental health and emotional wellbeing. Exercising regularly seems to be helpful in reducing the risk of developing mental health conditions, like depression and anxiety. Not only does exercising boost your mood and decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression, it also helps balance your cortisol levels. High cortisol levels are usually associated with stress, so exercising can help decrease stress. Exercising also gets you better sleep, which also helps with anxiety and depression.
- Turn to friends and family for support – You can ease the signs and symptoms of menopause by seeking the support and comfort of family and friends during this time. Every woman in menopause needs patience, friendship, and lots of laughter. Research has shown that higher family support and resilience are significantly associated with fewer menopausal symptoms. Comfort and laughter through these trying times of menopause reduces stress, making you feel less anxious, angry, or depressed.
- Engage in a new hobby – Spending time on a new activity that you enjoy can improve your mental health and wellbeing. During menopause, you probably have more time on your hands. Maybe it’s time to pickup gardening? How about a hand at painting or vlogging? Finding creative outlets helps with symptoms of anxiety and depression, and you’re less likely to suffer from stress.
- Try meditating techniques – Breathing and meditation techniques are beneficial for your mental health during menopause. Breathing techniques and yoga promote emotional health. Not only does it help lower your cortisol levels, but it also controls anxiety.
- Visit your doctor – If you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, depression, or any mental health issue, consult with your doctor. Talk about various treatment options available for you to help out.
There is growing evidence to support that hormone therapy can help with emotional symptoms.
NuLife Institute offers a holistic approach in treating menopause. Menopause treatment will help you give back what time and age has taken away from you. Hormone replacement therapy, combined with human growth hormone replacement therapy, is the best and most successful way to treat the negative effects of menopause.
Always remember that a second chapter comes after menopause! There is so much more to experience after this change!
Menopause treatment can help with your mental health
Menopause treatment is a holistic approach to combatting signs and symptoms of age-related hormone decline.
The NuLife Institute in Miami offers menopause treatments that will help you feel sexier, stronger, and healthier.
We are dedicated to helping you begin a wonderful new phase of your life.
You can see the benefits of hormone therapy for women, including improved moods, increased sexual desire, increased energy levels, and an overall enhanced sense of wellbeing.
Men and women can improve their quality of life and enjoy life to the fullest by using hormone therapy. Nothing should prevent you from becoming the best version of yourself. At NuLife Institute, we provide you with a customized menopause treatment plan based on your symptoms, goals, and lifestyle.
As a team, we are committed to helping you live your best years during menopause. Would you like to know more about our menopause treatments? Contact us today at 305-400-0005 for a consultation.