There Are Seven Telltale Signs of Low T Every Man Should Know!
If you think you can benefit from testosterone replacement therapy, you have to learn to recognize these seven signs of low testosterone.
Did you know that about 40% of men over 35 may be suffering from low testosterone, also known as “Low T” or andropause?
As critical as testosterone is to men, it is an unfortunate fact of life that your testosterone declines the older you get. This steady decline in testosterone that occurs once you hit your 30s often results in age-related testosterone deficiency, a condition more commonly referred to simply as “low testosterone.
Testosterone level peaks in your 20s; after that, it’s a slow dive down into tiredness, weight gain, and sexual health issues. The key is in recognizing the signs of low testosterone when to do something about it.
Here in no particular order are the seven most common signs of low testosterone.
- Low Libido – Sexual performance issues, such as loss of desire and or erectile dysfunction, are one of the most common early warning signs of low testosterone.
- Weight Gain – Testosterone plays an instrumental role in your metabolism and how well your body either burns or stores fat. Men with low testosterone tend to put on weight a lot easier, especially around the middle. That “spare tire” also becomes much harder to lose if you are suffering from age-related testosterone deficiency.
- Loss of lean muscle – Adequate levels of testosterone are absolutely necessary to build lean muscle. If you find you’re losing muscle volume and are having a hard time building muscle – even while working out regularly – it is a good chance that Low T could be to blame.
- Depression and anxiety – Testosterone in men has a profound effect on mood. A recent study on the impact of low testosterone found that more than half of the participants showed signs of depression and anxiety. There has been some research that in men diagnosed with both Low T and depression, testosterone therapy can be almost as effective in improving mood as prescription antidepressants.
- Hair Loss – Testosterone plays a role in hair growth. Balding, along with loss of facial or body hair, can be a sign of Low T.
- Fatigue and lack of energy – Classic symptoms of low-T are a feeling of general lack of energy, along with Low motivation, fatigue, and lethargy.
- Cognitive difficulties – Issues with memory, focus, and a general drop in other cognitive difficulties can be indicative of low testosterone.
The Many Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Men
Testosterone therapy is the safest and most effective way to make up for these seven and the many more negative impacts that age-related testosterone loss can have on your health. Current research continues to find out the debilitating effects that age-related testosterone deficiency has on a man’s physical, emotional, and sexual health.
We also continue to discover more ways almost every day that men with low testosterone are benefiting from testosterone therapy. For example, did you know that the latest research on testosterone replacement therapy has found that it can reduce your risks of heart attack, stroke, and even some forms of cancer!
Testosterone therapy can:
- Make you look and feel more powerful and energetic
- Improve libido and sexual performance
- Improve cognition, improve focus, and fight memory loss
- Make you feel less irritable, anxious, or depressed
- Improve sleep
- Enhance the production of other vital hormones such as human growth hormone
But, regardless of how many of the seven signs of low testosterone you have, the only to know for sure if you need testosterone therapy is to see your doctor and have your testosterone levels checked.
What Every Man Needs to Know Testosterone Replacement and Andropause
Knowing the signs and symptoms of low testosterone, a condition also known as
“andropause” is not enough – you also need to know the best way to treat it.
Just as menopause is a part of life for women, age-related testosterone loss resulting in andropause may be unavoidable for most men. It is a simple biological fact that once you reach about the age of 30, you can expect your testosterone level to drop by as much as 2% per year. That’s why most men between the ages of 45 and 65 will likely be experiencing the symptoms of low testosterone to some degree.
The good news is that doctors can treat andropause and age-related testosterone deficiency with testosterone replacement therapy. Prescription testosterone replacement therapy for men is available via injection, topical creams or gels, skin patches, subdermal pellets, or oral medication. Most doctors agree that testosterone injections are the safest and most effective form of testosterone therapy.
Testosterone replacement therapy is only available with a doctor’s prescription. You cannot buy testosterone online or anywhere without a doctor’s prescription. While any doctor can write you a prescription for testosterone replacement therapy, when you are seeking andropause treatments, you should work with a clinic like the NuLife Institute that specializes in age-related hormone decline.
At NuLife, we realize that not all men with low testosterone have the same set of symptoms or the same health and wellness goals. We will tailor your program of testosterone therapy to your unique needs and lifestyle to maximize your benefits and optimize your results.
Our medical director, Dr. Luis Dominguez, has used his unique, customized approach to help thousands of patients reverse the clock on aging and enjoy a whole new lease on life. Dr. Luis Dominguez has applied his inquisitive mind and passion for evidence-based Integrative Medicine to focus on utilizing a whole-body approach that provides life-changing results.
“I was feeling tired, irritable; I was gaining weight even though I kept going to the gym. Even my love life was suffering. I thought it was just stress, I’m only 42, so I never imagined that low testosterone could be the root of my problems. But, since starting on testosterone replacement at NuLife, I feel and look great. My moods are better, I am stronger, fitter and my love life has never been better, just ask my wife!” – Roberto G. Miami, Fl.
If you would like to learn a little bit more about the many life-changing benefits of testosterone replacement therapy, please contact us today by calling (305) 400-0005.